Thursday 10 August 2017

Establishing a research Question: Initial Thoughts

Having spent a long time struggling over what to focus my essay on I decided to base it primarily on the ideas of authorship and originality within the artistic world. This is because being a student at an art school I think that trying to define these two things and establish them within my own practice is is one of the main challenges I face. This often results in an interesting juxtaposition where by you are simultaneously trying to carve your own niece fro your practice whilst also looking at the works of others including both past and contemporary practitioners.

Therefore the main focus of my research will be exploring whether or not you can have a true sense of authorship and originality within your work in a post-modern 'post-everything' era. In particular I am interested in looking at how the exchange of information that has been vastly increased due technological developments, most notably the internet, has affected this.

No comments:

Post a Comment